Oh heyyy girl, I'm Anna!
(say it 'on a')
I'm a life coach who helps over-achieving perfectionists aka women like me! learn how to slow down, find their happy, and create a life that lights them up from the inside.
I live in Chicago with my husband Ben. I feel most alive around mountains and big trees, but I'll always be a Midwest girl at heart. I'm on a mission to help women connect with their unique purpose, become leaders of their own lives, and make a positive impact on the world.
Here on the blog I share the ups and downs of my own journey, always keep it real, and hope to empower YOU to create an inspired life.
After growing up as a super creative child and straight-A student, I spent most of my 20's exploring every opportunity that came my way and trying to figure out what I was "supposed" to be doing with my life.
If you're interested, you can hear me share my full story on The Lively Show podcast here!
To make a long story short, I ended up moving all over the country, got married, and went though 2 years of un/under-employment that I call my quarter life crisis. I ended up getting a full time job as a science educator at a wonderful non-profit but quickly realized that it wasn't for me.
At the end of August 2014 I quit my job to embark on the biggest adventure of my life so far as a full time life and wellness coach and creative entrepreneur. It. has. been. a. ride.
If you're interested in health and fitness coaching, you can learn more about my accountability groups and my team Inspire Joy over here!
After 2 years of health and fitness coaching, I learned that helping women experience breakthroughs and shifts in their lives makes me happier than anything else, discovered the Beautiful You Coaching Academy, and decided to become a life coach!
I completed my life coaching certification in February 2017 and am now thrilled to work 1:1 with women in a deeper capacity. You can explore my life coaching services here.
If you're wondering if life coaching would be right for you, contact me to book a complimentary consult -- sounds fancy, but it's basically just a fun and casual Skype coffee date where we can get to know each other and chat about your vision and goals! I love connecting with other creative, ambitious, and big-dreaming women :)
10 things I love
reading and learning
spicy red wine or Sauvignon Blanc
personality tests (INFJ!)
6 Random Facts
- I was voted "Best Hair" in high school.
- I'm a dual US-Dutch citizen.
- I met my husband in college when I was 19 years old, and immediately felt that we'd end up together. My intuition game is strong :)
- I have a MS in Geography and published a paper on historic changes in forests and fire behavior.
- I was born to be a creative entrepreneur! I started a wedding design catalog in 4th grade, a cleaning company in 6th grade, and eventually an Etsy shop that's raked in 5 figures of sales.
- I'd totally be a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts.
- in creating success without hustle
- creativity is an inherent part of everyone
- you deserve to love your life
- courage comes after you push through your fear.
- in eating outdoors
- you can be whoever you want to be, even if it’s not easily labeled
- REAL is better than perfect
- in a higher creative power made entirely of love, and I call it God